The clean you expect. The service you deserve.®
A name you can trust.
More than 60 years ago, ServiceMaster Clean® began offering carpet cleaning services to homeowners. Since the 1950s, we have staked our reputation on our high-performing products and world-class service. That’s why you’ll see our distinct yellow vans in your neighborhood and others across the country.
Breathe new life back into your carpets.
No other item in your home absorbs more dirt and debris and can affect the appearance of your home like your carpets. Many carpets available today have been treated with a stain resistant coating. However, even carpets that have been treated are not completely stain proof. ServiceMaster Clean has spent years developing cleaning technologies and methods to remove even the toughest stains, such as wine, pet stains, coffee and ink.
Protect your investment.
We understand that your home is one of your biggest investments. As carpet is a substantial part of that investment, neglect or improper care can lead to matting, fading, fraying and premature and costly replacement. Regular, thorough cleaning by skilled ServiceMaster Clean professionals can extend the life of your carpet investment, maintaining its rich appearance in an affordable and consistent manner. Our research and development team works to ensure that we are using state-of-the-art products and processes to remove stains and reduce soil levels. We work to your specifications and guarantee the job is done right.
Professional carpet cleaning by ServiceMaster Clean helps:
- Eliminate dust mites, allergens and trapped-in soil
- Reduce the spread of germs, bacteria, diseases and mold
- Remove stains and spots already present
- Reduce the effects of wear, especially in high-traffic areas
- Restore the natural, clean appearance and texture of the carpets
- Extend the life of the carpets up to several years
- Protect your carpet investment using Scotchgard™ carpet protector to prevent future spots and spills from settling in
Rethink rented carpet cleaners.
Some homeowners attempt to deep clean their own carpets by using rental equipment. That equipment produces a vastly different result than ServiceMaster Clean carpet cleaning. We have trained technicians that know the exact amount of pressure to use when cleaning, which cleaning products are best for your carpet and how to remove stains, soil and spots without over wetting the carpet or leaving behind a sticky residue. And the rental machine itself is a one-pass treatment that doesn’t pre-treat spots or rinse with clean water afterward. Homeowners are left with over-wet carpets and detergent residue. ServiceMaster Clean follows a thorough, five-step cleaning process to ensure both dirt and detergent are cleaned from your carpets using high-powered, truck-mounted equipment.
Carpet Care Tips
Caring for your carpets correctly extends their life.
- Vacuuming regularly is the best way to maintain your carpets. Vacuum daily in high-traffic or pet areas. Vacuum twice weekly in medium-traffic areas. Vacuum weekly in light-traffic areas, using attachments at carpet edges.
- Be aware that one pass with a vacuum is usually not sufficient to do a thorough job. Going over it one time may be enough to remove the dirt that is on the very surface layer, but debris can work its way down into the fibers and may need to be approached multiple times, from different angles in order to be most effective.
- Use rugs or mats at doorways going in and out of your house. Outdoor and indoor mats or runners can reduce the amount of dirt that enters the house.
- Clean spots and spills quickly with products that do not damage the carpet or cause it to resoil quicker.
- To remove a spill, blot liquids with a dry, white absorbent cloth or plain white paper towels (no prints or colors).
- Start at the outside of the spot and continue toward the center to prevent the stain from spreading. Continue blotting until the area is barely damp. Semisolids, like food spills, may need to be scooped up with a spoon. Solid, dried bits can be vacuumed up. Warning: do not scrub or use a brush. Scrubbing and brushes can damage the carpet. Fraying and texture change is the likely result.
- Pretest your chosen carpet cleaner on a scrap of carpet or in a hidden area of your carpet.
- Follow the product’s directions carefully. Apply a small amount of the cleaner to a white cloth and work in gently, from the edges to the center. Blot; don’t scrub. Never use a brush. You may need to do this several times to remove the spot.
- Some homeowners ask everyone to take off his or her shoes before entering your home. This practice saves wear and tear on the carpet.
- Change your air filters regularly. Refer to the manufacturer’s directions for your heating and air-conditioning system. The more dust and particles removed by the filter, the less that fall on the carpet.
- Rearranging furniture every few months and combing the dents to fluff them are ways to get rid of indentations that are caused by the weight of couches, chairs or tables. Rotating rugs so that they do not get worn in the same places over a long period of time is another quick way to lengthen the vibrancy of smaller floor coverings.